FTSE hits new record high close at 7779pts
The FTSE 100 has continued to rise and hit new all time highs this week and closed at a record 7779 for a rise of just over 50 points on the week.
The past week has been quiet with little corporate reporting following the Xmas and New year break. There has, however been plenty of trading reports as we warm up for the main reporting season in February and March when we see the majority of final dividends declared. In the past week Microfocus, Safestore and Supergroup produced dividend increases of 16.4%, 21.7% and 19.2% respectively.
The week ahead remains quiet and in the following week things start to pick up as we head to the main reporting season. Going ex-dividend this coming Thursday with a yield of 2.2% we have SSE.
New into DividendMax this week at the request of members we have Ocean Wilson Holdings, Iomart, JP Morgan Global Growth & Income, Jupiter European Opportunites, Jupiter Emerging & Frontier Income, JP Morgan European Smaller Companies and JP Morgan Emerging Markets Income Trust.
Daily Comments Roundup
Another quiet day from a statutory reporting perspective, but there are plenty og trading statements. The market continues to push for new all time highs.
11 January, 2018 (Yesterday)
The FTSE 100 continues to trade up as the market remains bullish. Shoe Zone maintained their 2017 final dividend at 6.8p.
10 January, 2018 (2 days ago)
The FTSE 100 is holding steady near its all time high. Micro Focus continued its tremendous track record of delivering dividends with a 16.4 % increase in its interim dividend in dollar terms.
08 January, 2018 (4 days ago)
The FTSE 100 is trading up this morning. DS Smith increased their 2018 interim dividend by 7%.
07 December, 2017 (36 days ago)
The market is trading down this morning. RWS continued its tremendous record of paying increased dividends since IPO with a 16.1% rise in its full year dividend.
06 December, 2017 (37 days ago)
The FTSE 100 is trading up this morning. Victrex increased their ordinary final dividend by 15% and declared a special dividend.
05 December, 2017 (38 days ago)
Avery quiet day on the corporate front. The FTSE 100 looks set to open up this morning afrer a very strong showing from Wall Street at the end of last week.
04 December, 2017 (39 days ago)
The week ahead
- Today: Paychex Inc Dividend Declaration (estimate)
- Today: Southern Co Dividend Declaration (estimate)
- Tuesday, 16 Jan: NCC Group Interim Results
- Tuesday, 16 Jan: Automatic Data Processing Inc Dividend Declaration (estimate)
- Tuesday, 16 Jan: Linear Technology Corp Dividend Declaration (estimate)
- Tuesday, 16 Jan: Beiersdorf AG Final Results
- Wednesday, 17 Jan: Goldman Sachs Group Inc Dividend Declaration (estimate)
- Wednesday, 17 Jan: ASML Holdings Final Results
- Thursday, 18 Jan: Texas Instruments Inc Dividend Declaration (estimate)
- Thursday, 18 Jan: Schlumberger Ltd Dividend Declaration (estimate)
- Safestore increases its 2017 final dividend by 21.7% 09 January 2018
- Micro Focus increases its 2018 interim dividend by 16.4% 08 January 2018
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.